Here in Denver, Tony’s Market is an institution. The local grocer got its start in the 1970’s by Tony Rosacci, who still plays a role in the company now run by his three grown children.
The marketing team at Tony’s Market is BUSY. There is a lot that goes into marketing grocery stores (signage, sales/specials, events, and on and on and on). The team didn’t have enough hands to tell their story online the way they wanted.
The Condiment Marketing Co. and Tony’s Market teamed up in early 2015 to establish an online content strategy, implement the strategy, and later hand off the social media work to the in-house team. Our work together included…
- Reviving Tony’s Twitter profile in a way that engaged customers and partners
- Bringing the company’s Instagram account out of the dark with regular posts
- Creating regular blog content for a new Tony’s Market and Tony Rosacci Fine Catering blog that features recipes, the people of the company, and interesting tidbits about the food they source. (The Condiment Marketing Co. and Tony’s Market continue to work together to produce blog content.)
- Redirecting all content from the very popular but now dormant Supper Is Ready blogspot blog — authored by Chef Mick Rosacci of Tony’s Market — to support on-site SEO efforts and give fans a one-stop-shop for Tony’s online content.
- A small blogger-brand ambassador program with four area bloggers.
- Media and blogger outreach for a media event designed to generate social media buzz and build awareness of the newest Tony’s Market location on Broadway in Downtown Denver.
The Numbers: Participants of the blogger-brand ambassador program and media event made 25 online mentions of Tony’s Market. Plus, their Twitter and Instagram following grew by more than 500% since we started.
The Change: Tony’s now has a system for using Twitter and Instagram to reinforce the brand, engage with customers, and promote in-store activities. Store managers are posting regular updates that reflect company culture of high-quality, carefully curated foods, and customer love.