It’s easy to let things pile up and get dusty when you’re a food business owner. Social media, website, and marketing materials can become outdated and tired while you’re busy focusing on your products. The spring is a perfect time to declutter and make space for the busy sales seasons ahead. Use these seven methods to clean up your marketing pantry.
- Cull social media connections for irrelevant, stale, and inactive profiles. Try Twitter Karma to unfollow inactive Twitter accounts. Create a Facebook list to organize pages you follow and want to interact with.
- Read through every page of your website to make sure content is up to date and accurate.
- Along those same lines, make sure every link works correctly. There are WordPress plugins and other tools to help you. Google “broken link checker” for more info.
- Did you know Google could penalize your site for not having a responsive website? Maybe it’s time for a new design.
- Go through your email and get caught up on unread newsletters and articles. Get inspired!
- Freshen up your marketing materials. Does your wording reflect where your business is today? Do you need new food photography?
- Make a marketing to-do list. Get creative. Is there something new you can try? Read 56 Food Marketing Tactics for ideas.