Yes, I called you lazy. Rude, I know, but I don’t mean it that way. You’re running a business. You have a life! It’s only normal that you’d let your blog sit idle from time to time.
Ideally, though, you wouldn’t ignore your blog. Ideally, you’d find some easy content to at least keep things going. A reguarly updated blog proves to your customers that you are open for business. It also helps to increase your search engine traffic, even if it’s only little bits of new traffic at a time.
Next time you’re tempted to let your blog sit idle, don’t. Instead, check out and use some of these free and easy blog content ideas.
- Browse the headlines on Reddit or Digg and write a short round-up post of relevant news in your industry.
- Visit Marketwire and re-post sections of an interesting press release with a few sentences that you’ve written to describe your take on the topic.
- Grab an infographic from an infographic library or by browsing Pinterest. Or you could just take mine and post it to your own site with a couple paragraphs of your own unique content.
- Go to Slideshare.com and pick a presentation that strikes you. Embed the file in a blog post.
- Try the same strategy with a YouTube video. It’s easy to embed videos, but be sure to write a sentence or two of text to support it.
- Ask for guest blog posts on Blogger LinkUp.
- Look at your Google Analytics and identify your 10 most popular blog posts. Turn that into a list and put in a new post.
How else do you come up with blog post ideas?