Tim Ziegler is an expert in sourcing and distributing spices as well as consulting professional chefs on how to create award-winning dishes through proprietary spices blends. (He is also known as The Chef Behind the Chefs.) This is evident in his long-running career, the number of professional classes he has taught over the years, and the success of The SPICES Poster, a full-color piece of art that depicts nearly 190 herbs, spices, and flavorings.
The problem was that everyone who knew Tim and The SPICES Poster adored them both, but Tim didn’t have the resources to share his spices expertise and promote poster sales beyond his immediate circle of colleagues. Put frankly, it was time for more culinary professionals to know Tim and purchase The SPICES Poster.
As with most branding and outreach projects, our first step was to identify what made Tim…well, Tim (values)! Then we lined that up with where he wanted to go in the next several years (goals). Once values and goals were recognized, it was about identifying his target market and aligning with those individuals who shared in his values. More specifically, we
- Developed a premium online presence that conveyed Chef Zieg’s expertise.
- Cultivated an online audience of potential clients.
- Worked to build relationships with national media (journalists and bloggers) to raise Chef Zieg’s profile.
- Engaged in specific targeted marketing actions to bolster product sales.
Established his brand identity.
Developed brand collateral, which included…
…a professional website to serve as a “home base” for the Chef Zieg brand. ChefZieg.com is a resource, a sales tool, and a content marketing platform.
Created a series of promotional images to encourage poster sales and implemented an extensive blogger/media outreach campaign and social media marketing strategy.
As a result of The Condiment Marketing Co.’s online marketing and branding efforts:
- The SPICES Poster became one of the best-selling posters of its publishing house.
- Chef Zieg and The SPICES Poster secured several media mentions, including a spot in the Calgary Sun Times and the popular Lisa’s Vegetarian Kitchen website.
- His online reach expanded greatly, especially through the 333% increase in Facebook Likes in one month.
- Obtained more than 100 links pointing to ChefZieg.com through press release distribution.
- Chef Zieg now has a resource for the media, restaurant chefs, professional culinary organizations, and the advanced home cook who wants to know more about spice blends and how to make a product or recipe unique and marketable with the help of spices.
What Chef Zieg has to say
“Sara and The Condiment Marketing Co. is highly capable, responsive, and professional. I highly recommend their work and look forward to a long relationship as my brand continues to evolve and grow.”
To learn more about Tim – the Chef Behind the Chefs – join him on Facebook. Here you’ll get spice news and recipes.